Apart from the benefits of living and working freely in Cyprus, Cyprus citizenship allows holders visa-free travel to 173 countries around the world. The program offers serious investors the opportunity to become a Cypriot Citizen of Cyprus, a country that is a member of the European Union.
To be eligible to apply, a minimum investment of at least €2,0 million is required, for the purchase or construction of buildings or for the construction of other land development projects. These may be residential or commercial developments, developments in the tourism sector, or other infrastructure projects.
Cyprus Investment Program Video
The Cyprus Government’s recently revised Cyprus Investment Program which is regarded by many as the best in the world, as it is the perfect response to the needs of High Net Worth Individuals.
Cyprus Investment Program Criteria
The current program has the following main features that make the Cyprus Investment Program particularly appealing:
- Investment in Cyprus real estate starting from €2 million
- Interesting investment opportunities in state telecoms, energy and ports companies, new real estate, offshore gas fields and shipping
- Cyprus country member of the European Union will grant a citizenship following the submission and approval of the application
- For the purchase of resale property, the required investment is €2.5 million
- Applicants are required to be in possession of a Schengen visa when applying
- €75,000 donation to the land development and €75,000 donation to the Research and innovation foundation
- No need to reside in Cyprus
- High rate of approval
- Set number of 700 applications per year
- Currently tax-free exit
- Simple and straightforward process
Cyprus is taking important steps towards attracting foreign investment.
Plans for the privatization of state telecoms, energy and ports companies, and real estate assets are underway, while gaming license is now been provided.
Confirmed offshore gas fields are likely to be a game-changer for Cyprus.
The discovery of natural gas reserves and exploitation activities in Cyprus’s Exclusive Economic Zone have already stimulated interest in investment and will have a powerful and positive impact on the economy in general over the coming years. Gas-field development is expected to help Cyprus grow into an offshore oil and gas services hub in the region.